What can I do before calling someone to service my system?
Air conditioning systems are usually complex networks of equipment that ought to be serviced by a certified professional. Nonetheless, in the event your Heating and air conditioning is not working, you can attempt a few simple procedures, that may remedy your problem, before contacting a service professional. Unless you feel comfortable performing any of these types of tasks, however, don’t hesitate to call an Air conditioning contractor.
- Make sure your filters are clean.
- Disconnect and reconnect your indoor and outdoor switches.
- Make sure your circuit breakers are in the ON position.
- Open supply and return vents and make sure there are no obstructions
- Check your thermostat settings.
- Make sure the system switch is on the appropriate COOL or HEAT setting.